DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIORNMENTAL SCIENCES
RE: MASTER OF SCIENCE IN PLANT BREEDING AND SEED SYSTEMS SCHOLARSHIPS (COHORT III)
The Department of Agricultural production received a grant from the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) to support a limited number of studentships for the third cohort of a Masters Degree training in Plant breeding and Seed Systems tenable at Makerere University for academic year 2012/2013. Applications are now invited for these scholarships.
- The applicants for the limited AGRA scholarship awards shall be candidates from Mozambique, Rwanda, Southern Sudan and Uganda.
- Applicants should have obtained at least a first degree or its equivalent in Agriculture or a Bachelor of Science or Forestry or the equivalent from a recognized and chartered university/institution as a minimum requirement for admission to M.Sc. (Plant breeding and Seed System) program of Makerere University.
- Potential candidates already working with the National Agriculture Research Institutions, Universities, Ministry of Agriculture and/or Agriculture sector related Ministries will have added advantage.
- Candidates with proof of job placement upon successful completion and return in any of above institutions/ programme will have added advantage.
- The age limit is 40 years and below.
The scholarship will cover tuition, stipend, medical insurance, and a modest cost of field research.
Mode of application
Individuals interested in these scholarships should submit an application letter, a brief Curriculum Vitae of NOT more than 2 pages and the names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of 3 references, and a copy of your academic Bachelors transcript (translated in English if required). A brief letter of why you should be considered for this fellowship and research area of interest for your M.Sc. thesis should be included (maximum 500 words). Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is December 30th, 2011. Successfully candidates for these scholarships shall be notified by January 20th, 2012. Signed advance copies of the application may also be submitted by email to meet the application deadline.
Please send your application documents to:
Att : Dr. Richard Edema, The Co-ordinator (M.Sc. Plant Breeding and Seed Systems) Program:
Collège of Agricultural and Environ mental Sciences, P.O. BOX 7062
Mob : +256-772369138 or 0701369138